Our dentists’ commitment is to your health, regardless of insurance status. This page is for general use and is meant to provide information for our patients. It is not intended to be a guarantee of coverage or acceptance of insurance plans at our dental office in Alpharetta, Georgia. Please feel free to contact Dr. Harvey, Dr. Choy, and our team at Don Harvey Dental today if you would like to learn more about insurance. We are happy to provide you with the information you need.
- Most dental insurance plans are a business arrangement between an insurance company and an employer. It is important to remember that reimbursement and benefit levels are based on your carrier and employer.
- Most dental plans are set up to pay only a portion of your dental health expenses.
- Many dental plans exclude coverage for certain treatments, such as cosmetic services, or have age limitations, such as for dental sealants.
- Like medical insurance, some dental plans do not offer coverage for pre-existing conditions, such as missing teeth. This type of plan would not cover dental implants.
- Many insurance companies will apply “alternate benefits” toward a service, such as paying for silver fillings rather than tooth-colored fillings, crowns, or inlays.
- Some dental plans may use the terms “usual, customary, and reasonable” (UCR) to determine insurance benefits. This term applies to fee research methods used by dental insurance carriers to set reimbursement levels across the country. The criteria upon which this research is based (such as region, time intervals, type of dentist, etc.) can vary greatly from one insurance carrier to another.