Dental implants are one of the finest treatment options dentistry has to offer. With their ability to improve the quality of your life and health, implants have become the accepted alternative to traditional methods of replacing missing teeth.
There are two types of dental implants: implants that sit on top of the jawbone but under the gums and implants that fit into the jawbone similar to the root of a natural tooth. Each type offers solid support for replacement teeth, which act and feel like natural teeth. Since both types of implants are attached to your jawbone, they help stop the progressive bone loss and shrinkage of your jawbone by mimicking the roots of natural teeth. This can provide distinct advantages over traditional methods of replacing missing teeth.
What can implants do for you?
- Restore proper chewing function and so you can enjoy foods previously too difficult to eat.
- You feel confident that your replacement teeth won’t move or loosen.
- You regain the closest thing to the look, feel and function of your natural teeth.
- Throw away those gooey adhesives.
- Forget about unsightly partial denture clasps that can place damaging pressure on remaining natural teeth.
- Eliminate irritated and painful gums.
- Replace missing teeth without having to trim down healthy teeth.
With proper at-home maintenance and professional cleanings, dental implants have a success rate of 90 percent. Contact Dr. Harvey and Dr. Choy for a complimentary consultation to discuss how our dental implants in Alpharetta, Georgia, can improve your smile and quality of life. Our dentists at Don Harvey Dental will be happy to answer your questions.