The latest holiday is on its way. Valentine’s Day is dedicated to the love and joy you have for the special people in your life. However, it’s also a season to show yourself love and affection and take the time to appreciate the things that make your life merry. Take this time to show additional care and attention to your teeth and gums, who make eating and speaking true joys we have all come to love.
Smile bright for every celebration. Practice these effective oral health tips to protect your teeth and gums during Valentine’s Day:
– Avoid sweet treats: Sugary-sweet drinks and treats can increase your risk for tooth decay and gum disease.
– Avoid oral accidents: Watch out for oversized chocolate bars or hard candies as they may chip or crack your teeth. When it comes to sweets, never bite off more than you can chew.
– Choose sweets carefully: Replace chewy, sour, and hard candies with better options such as chocolate or sugarless gum. Look for sugarless gum with the ADA Seal of Acceptance.
– Make a plan: If you prepare in advance for your oral health care, you are less likely to suffer setbacks or overindulge on days of celebration or merrymaking.
– Schedule a visit: Always set aside time each year for oral exams and professional cleanings from our dentists at Don Harvey Dental at our office in Alpharetta, Georgia.
Your oral health care should remain an integral part of your lifestyle all year long. For special occasions, such as Valentine’s Day, extra care and attention should be given to your teeth and gums. If you would like to set up an appointment with Dr. Don Harvey Dental, please call our office at 770-343-6565. We make smiles brighter!